Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Retreat Projects

The best part of retreats, are the projects that we work on.
(...well, besides the wine we consume)
hahahahahaha


I found this fun little zip bag on Pat Sloan's blog here before I left.

 
Planning the back is just about as fun as the front is. I was able to use 
the last bits of my "She Who Sews" fabrics on one of them.


The bag is Sherri McConnells, Simple Zipper Bag.
There is a step by step U-Tube video in Pats post. 
You can find more on this cutie-patooti 


I also stumbled on this fun one.
"Criss Cross Mini Quilt" by Nadra Ridgeway.
As soon as I saw it, I new it was perfect for all those hand dyes, 
I've been hoarding! 
:-)


You can find the pattern 


And how about this sweet little "Friendship Star Mini Quilt" block.
It finishes to an 8" 
I'm working on making a few more of these for a table runner.
You can find more on this...

I'm kicking myself for not taking photos of the other girls projects!
We were so busy stitching, that I don't think we ever thought about a camera. 
:-(
Each and every one was so different and so fun.

Til next time...
Keep on Stitchin'

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun retreat. Those bags are darling and the hand dyed mini is a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bags look great! I love that pattern too. It is fun to play with! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely collection of projects. Great idea with the zipper bags. They come in so handy. And they are a great way to use fun fabric.
    I can see why the criss cross block appealed to you why all your gorgeous dyed fabric.
    And of course the star block is perfect.

    ReplyDelete